This adorable pet costume is easy to make and can be adjusted to fit any sized dog or a cat or any other pet.
What you will need:
1. Box of clear straws
2. Five petal silk flowers in pink, blue, green, yellow, purple, and orange
4. Shimmering green material
5. Ribbon in light green and dark green
7. Quilting needle
8. Fabric glue
Directions for necklace:
1. Cut a piece of string long enough to go around your pet’s neck three times.
2. Cut straws into half inch pieces.
3. Tie a large knot in one end of the string.
4. Thread the other end of the string through the quilting needle.
5. Thread two of the same colored silk flowers onto the string.
6. Next thread on a straw piece.
7. Repeat process alternating flower colors, until you have reached the end of the string.
8. Tie the two ends together to make a necklace.
Directions for skirt:
1. Cut a three inch wide piece of green fabric long enough to go around the animal’s middle.
2. Cut one inch from each end of the fabric.
3. Cut dark green and light green ribbon into equal pieces long enough to reach just about to your pet’s tail.
4. Lay the green fabric down.
5. Put a line of fabric glue down one long edge of the green fabric.
6. Lay ribbon pieces next to each other in the glue so that the length of the ribbon hangs down from the green fabric.
7. Allow glue to dry.
8. Fold green fabric in half so that the edges of the ribbon are covered.
9. Carefully sew a straight line on the green fabric to keep it folded in half.
10. Cut two pieces of ribbon about five inches long.
11. Sew to the short ends of the green fabric. These will be used to tie the skirt onto your pet.