When two big fat oreos sandwich the tastiest cream filling between them, you come up with a winner. Dipping the cream into black and orange Halloween sprinkles makes it perfect for Fall!
Makes: 12 large pies
1 2/3 cups flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of buttermilk
For Marshmallow Filling:
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, room temperature
2 cups Powdered Sugar
1 jar (7 1/2 oz) Marshmallow Fluff
2 teaspoons Vanilla
Halloween sprinkles – black and orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/370°F.
2. Combine butter, shortening, and sugar together and beat well.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and add to the butter mixture mixing well.
5. Drop two spoonfuls of batter to make one whoopie pie on to a parchment lined sheet. You can use just one spoonful to make smaller pies.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cakes spring back on touching.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool on the tray for 10-15 minutes.
8. Gently remove the cakes from the parchment paper and allow it to cool.
In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add Marshmallow Fluff and vanilla, whip until well combined.
Place one whoopie pie upside down (flat side up) and heap a spoonful of filling. Place another pie on top. Dip the frosting edges in Halloween sprinkles.