Makes: 18 cookies
4 tablespoons softened butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
3 pieces of candy corn for each cookie
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine butter and sugar. Add egg yolk, baking powder and salt and mix well.
3. Add flour and cocoa powder and mix well to form a dough.
4. Freeze the dough overnight and soften before use the next day.
5. Divide dough into 18 sections and roll into balls. Place the balls on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are firm and the cookies are dry to touch. Do not let them harden.
6. Remove cookies from oven and press 3-4 candy corns into the surface of each cookie when warm.
7. Let cool further on the sheet for a minute and then cool completely on a rack.