Lead trick-or-treaters to your door with flickering ‘Sugar Pie’ pumpkins. Simple cut-out shapes create these pretty, festive luminarias. A perfect outdoor Halloween decorating idea for your pathways.
• Small saber saw
• Scraper or spoon
• Paper and masking tape
• Tap lights or tea lights
1. Use saber saw to cut a hole in the base of each pumpkin. Hollow pumpkins with scraper.
2. Draw a pointed oval or an elongated S shape on paper; cut out to use as a template.
3. With masking tape, mark off evenly spaced vertical sections on pumpkin. Center template in each section and prick design onto rind with pushpin. Repeat until you’ve circled pumpkin with design.
4. Use saber saw to cut out design, partially cutting out each oval or S at first, then going back and finishing.
5. Light tap or tea light and lower pumpkin over it.