Add some Halloween punk to your kitchen by bringing in color with these cute machine appliquéd Jack-O-Lantern kitchen towels and pot holders. They are sure to set the mood for a lot of Halloween baking and candy making.
- Orange towels – 2
- Fabric scraps in orange and yellow for the appliqués
- Black and White striped fabric for bias binding and tiny bow
- Sewing Machine
- Matching Thread
1. Use the first towel for the towel and the second one to cut two squares to make the pot holders.
2. Cut out pieces from fabric scraps. Cut out a circle from the orange fabric and a dress shape from the yellow fabric. Machine appliqué them on the towel and the pot holder using a zigzag stitch. Use decorative stitches on the machine to create the face and hair. Alternatively affix a little bow instead of hair as shown on the towel.
2. Sew the bias binding on all sides of the towel and pot holders including a loop for hanging on all of them.
3. Place batting between the striped fabric and sew on 3 sides (leave one short side open) and criss-cross stitch in the center to quilt.