Make these scary spiders to spook guests in expected and unexpected places. Hang them on walls or place them on the table, they are sure to bring the Halloween spirit to your house.
What you will need:
- Styrofoam Ball – 3 inch (makes 2 spiders)
- Styrofoam ball – 2 inch (makes 2 spiders)
- Chenille sticks in black or brown
- Red or silver sequins for eyes
- Golden paint
- Black paint
1. Slice the 3 inch ball into two halves using a waxed, serrated knife.
2. Slice the 2 inch ball neatly into 3 parts. You will need only the top and bottom parts for this project. Reserve the middle portion for another craft.
3. To join the two styrofoam shapes (3 inch half and 2 inch part) together at what will be the spider’s neck, apply glue to one of the pieces where they need to be joined. To the other shape, push a pin halfway into the foam and the push the remaining into the glued part. The pin and glue together will help secure the body of the spider. Keep aside till dry.
4. Paint the spiders black and leave to dry completely.
5. Cut chenille sticks and push into the sides of the spider as shown to form the legs.
6. Paint golden streaks over the spider’s body.
7. Glue sequins to form the eyes and you are done.